Hello son/daughter, Hopefully I would have raised you in such a way so that you don’t need this letter to have a positive high school experience, but if for whatever reason this letter is needed here it is. High school can be an intimidating place, but it can also bring great memories and lifelong friends. I think there can be a shopping list of advice I can give, so to keep this short so you will actually read this, I’ll share what I think is my best piece of advice. I think the very first thing to realize before you enter high school is that nobody (and I really do mean nobody) in high school truly knows what they are doing. Everybody is high school is doing their best to try to fit in and not get called out by the group for being weird. Everybody is as lost as you are in many respects so you should never take what a person says for granted. Think critically about what a person says (including yourself) and why they said it. Try to be objective as previous biases can easily ...

Comments
Post a Comment